Tips from Philadelphia Semi Truck Accident Lawyers
Many of the car and semi truck accidents on Pennsylvania’s roads are preventable, and not just by the “other” driver. Defensive driving on road shared with tractor trailers can spare you and your loved ones from needing a trucking accident attorney.
Preventing Semi Truck Accidents
The knowledge lawyers can share about preventing semi truck accidents is really common sense:
- Avoid the “no zones” around a truck where the driver cannot see your vehicle in the mirror.
- Do not “cut off” trucks. Their increased weight means more time is needed to brake, and sudden braking can cause the tractor trailer to jack-knife, interfering with and endangering the lives of vehicle occupants in several traffic lanes.
- Pay attention to a semi truck’s signals. Make sure you aren’t trying to pass when the driver has indicated a lane change or turn.
- Allow four to six seconds between you and the semi truck in wet conditions.
- Notify highway safety authorities of any unsafe driving behaviors.
Keeping in mind how a semi truck’s weight and size affect braking, visibility and maneuverability will help you be a conscientious and defensive driver.
Tips on Trucking Accident Claims
Even when driving defensively, some truck accidents are unavoidable. If you have been involved in a semi truck accident, it’s important to consult a lawyer right away. Getting the help of an experienced trucking accident attorney can help you avoid the pitfalls of truck accident claims that can cost you compensation you deserve.
Tip #1: Get medical attention immediately. Even if you do not think you are injured, see your primary care practitioner. Some injuries may not be immediately obvious, but your doctor can help you spot early signs and symptoms. Early medical attention may help a future truck injury case.
Tip #2: Do not give statements without a trucking accident attorney’s advice. Insurance adjusters may want a statement for the record, but if you speak to insurance companies before speaking to a semi truck accident lawyer, your statement may be used against you.
Contact an Experienced Philadelphia Semi Truck Accident Lawyer
The trucking accident attorneys at DiSandro & Malloy, PC in Philadelphia, PA have over 50 years of combined experience helping clients fight for compensation following devastating truck accidents. We are ready to put our experience to work for you.
Contact DiSandro & Malloy, PC to get aggressive trucking accident attorneys working for you.